Here at Bluewave Kayaks we are so confident in the quality of our kayaks that we offer a Lifetime Guarantee for any defects in materials or workmanship in its construction. This is one of the industry’s strongest warranties for this type of product. It applies only within the boundary of the United Kingdom.
If, for some reason, you have an issue with your kayak that you believe is covered under this guarantee, please contact Bluewave Kayaks via firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01823 672 970 or go back to the dealer where you purchased your kayak.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If the kayak is used and cared for in line with the information on our website then Bluewave Kayaks will honour this lifetime guarantee. To be eligible for the guarantee please retain your invoice/receipt as proof of purchase.
For the original retail purchaser Bluewave Kayaks will provide a lifetime guarantee against material or manufacturing defects in the hull and deck. Additional parts and accessories are guaranteed for a period of one (1) year against material or manufacturing defects from the date of purchase.
For any kayaks sold as “demos” ,“seconds”, “rentals” or in “as is” condition as indicated on the invoice there is a limited warranty for one (1) year for the hull and deck and one (1) year for parts and accessories. This limited warranty is only valid with the purchase of a Bluewave Kayak from an Authorized Bluewave Kayaks Dealer. This guarantee is non-transferable.
OBTAINING WARRANTY SERVICE
If you have a problem with your kayak and you suspect that it may be due to defective materials or workmanship, contact the nearest authorized Bluewave Kayaks dealer and arrange to have the problem inspected. You are responsible for all shipping and handling fees to and from a dealer or back to Bluewave Kayaks.
If the authorized dealer’s inspection indicates a defect that is attributable to materials or workmanship. Bluewave Kayaks will repair or replace your kayak free of charge at the company’s discretion. Proof of purchase such as an invoice or sales receipt will be required. Bluewave Kayaks reserves the right to replace original kayaks or equipment with comparable current products.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
This limited guarantee does not apply to:
- a. Normal wear and tear and aging of product including sun-fading
- b. Kayaks damaged by extreme weather or environmental conditions
- c. Kayaks damaged whilst in possession of a freight carrier or a dealer
- d. Kayaks damaged by accident, neglect, improper use or handling or storage
- e. Kayaks that have been towed by power or sail boats
- f. Kayaks designated as Prototypes
- g. Kayaks sold as “demos” ,“seconds”,”rentals” or in “as is” condition.
- h. Kayaks determined to have been used for any activity other than an activity that is customary for the product.
- i. Kayaks that have been structurally or dimensionally altered or modified except where a Bluewave accessory has been installed in accordance with the advice given by the Company
- j. Kayaks used for commercial or rental purposes
- k. Drop-stitch inflatable kayaks.
This limited warranty excludes any incidental or consequential damages or expenses resulting from any defects. Bluewave Kayaks is not liable for any injury sustained in the use of its kayaks, nor for damages claimed by a Third Party. Bluewave Kayaks’ aggregate liability shall be limited to an amount equal to the Consumer’s original purchase price paid for the defective product.
This guarantee gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights. The benefits from this guarantee are in addition to all rights conveyed by such consumer protection laws.